Mar 8, 2012

Our Lives were Meant to Intertwine





Our lives were meant to intertwine.
It’s like God could not fit so much greatness in one person, so he split us in two.
No one is perfect but together no one has been so close.
I did not love you the first time I saw you, but my heart pounded so hard it hurt my chest. Telling me I should have.
I did not see you the first time we met because my eyes watered from overjoy before the image went to my head, so God kept mapping out our lives with intersection to each other’s paths.
Until finally, my body, mind and soul were able to manage the power your presence held over me.

It was an inexplicable chemical reaction that released a compound with every interaction to my body it was unheard of.
Its effect was complete utter happiness and satisfaction.
What we had was never physical but every moment felt orgasmic.
Just one single word would have to roll out of either one of our mouths that became the origin of a dialogue that would last several hours until one of us was reminded that reality waited for us in the morning.
Our dreams and visions of the future were filled with connections that force each other’s presence in order for their realization.
Our convictions are aligned by the backbone of our tragic pasts.
Our paths are emerged due to the compass of our hearts leading to the same destination.

With each moment shared, God’s plans became clear like the ending of a puzzle whose pieces finally came together revealing an amazing art piece. The fragments of our encounters were the puzzle pieces that when connected formed an epiphany that is our love for one another.

But by then it was already too late

Our lives were meant to intertwine.
It’s like God could not fit so much greatness in one person, so he split us in two.
No one is perfect but together no one has been so close.
I did not love you the first time I saw you, but my heart pounded so hard it hurt my chest. Telling me I should have.
But I did not listen and powered through the pain.
I did not see you the first time we met because my eyes watered from overjoy before the image went to my head so I walked past you and into his arms.
God kept mapping out our lives with intersection to each other’s paths.
Until finally, my body, mind and soul were able to manage the power your presence held over me.
But by then, I already have given my heart away.

No comments: